Now that the furor is over, let's see some REAL BSG.
Beauegård Nemø
2003-12-16 05:00:05 UTC
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
alternate future. It is time for TRUE BSG fans to take back the legacy:
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
Julie d'Aubigny
2003-12-16 06:52:38 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
What a fascinating idea you have.
--
Elizabeth D. Brooks | ***@comcast.net | US2002021724
Listowner: Aberrants_Worldwide, Fading_Suns_Games, TrinityRPG
-- http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/6856
Beauegård Nemø
2003-12-16 08:02:47 UTC
Re: Now that the furor is over, let's see some REAL BSG.

Group: alt.battlestar-galactica Date: Tue, Dec 16, 2003, 6:52am (EST+5)
From: ***@comcast.net (Julie=A0d'Aubigny)
Beaueg=E5rd Nem=F8 wrote:
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
alternate future. It is time for TRUE BSG fans to take back the legacy:
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.

What a fascinating idea you have.

Yes, it is revolutionary, isn't it? I think it is time someone stated
the truth and demanded action. Thank you for your interest.
David B.
2003-12-16 08:04:39 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
If Sci-Fi goes with an ongoing BSG series produced by Ron Moore we are
here to stay.
Chris Basken
2003-12-16 17:39:21 UTC
"Beauegård Nemø" wrote...
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
Simplistic mentality.

I loved BG as a kid, more than Star Wars (which, because I only saw it later,
seemed like a rip-off to me). For years I wanted a revival. Then about the
time Lorne Green died, I realized it wasn't going to happen. This was
compounded by the embarrasing "we're still hip" antics of Shatner and the
aging Trek crew. The last thing I wanted to see was a vehicle to keep
mediocre 70s TV actors alive.

I'm sure that makes you think I'm a "fair weather" BG fan. Can't help that...
Ender
2003-12-16 21:15:45 UTC
I agree, it was a great show for it's TIME. I enjoyed it, and the chars. But
the 70's are over....time to move on people.
I think they did a very good job of bringing BSG up to date...and the latest
rumors have a series coming.
I do admit feeling sorry for the people that have wasted the last 30 years
of their life believing that the only way to redo BSG was to do it exactly
like before.....

Ender (Of all things, all days, all times)
Mabius3000
2003-12-16 23:13:12 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
LOL.....inspite of a successful new miniseries and full series.....which leaves
the old BSG in the dust, you still haven't given up yet, you nimrod?

At one time, you were funny, now you are just pathetic.
1
2003-12-17 11:28:27 UTC
What is it about some of the oldschool BG crowd that make them hold on to
the original series with such uncompromising fervor? It seems like its a
part of their anatomy. If you don't get the exact BG of the 70's you will
see their flesh rot and they will die.

Holding something dear to your heart is one thing, but obsessing about it
till the day you die is another. Let it go, its over with. Times change, and
thankfully so do concepts. If you can't get over this change then lock
yourself in the basement with old Galactica memoravelia and just watch the
old series reruns till you turn to dust. Let the rest of us who accept
change be already. Face it, there aren't enough of you orthodox old school
fans to make a good case for the old show, if there were then you would have
had a revival long long ago.

You would think some of these super-fanatics were ghosts who ceaselessly
haunt a house because they can't find peace in death. Begone you tiresome
specters seek the light and be at peace, for only in the light shall you
find what you desire.
Saxby Maltby
2003-12-17 14:27:05 UTC
Group: alt.battlestar-galactica Date: Wed, Dec 17, 2003, 6:28am From:
***@1.1 (1)
[...]

One of the nicest cases I've seen for accepting the new BSG. A lot of
other postings are idiotic, immature rants of obviously juvenile
mentalities. It is nice to see thinking people still exist in this
dumbed down world.
Eric R.
2003-12-18 15:42:35 UTC
Post by 1
What is it about some of the oldschool BG crowd that make them hold on to
the original series with such uncompromising fervor?
I think they've attended a few too many conventions. Grow up, people!

-Eric

Beauegård Nemø
2003-12-17 18:37:08 UTC
....inspite of a successful new miniseries and full series.....which
leaves the old BSG in the dust, you still haven't given up yet
At one time, you were funny, now you are just pathetic.

Frak you, too, mabee. You STILL hanging around? You ARE the eternal
asswipe, Mabius.
1
asswipe, Mabius.
BrewMaster
2003-12-17 15:11:53 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
Ron Moore is now in charge of the franchise. His is the default vision.

The original version is dead, fini, deceased, a stiff, bereft of life, it
rests in peace, pushing up the daisies, it has run down the curtain and
joined the choir invisible.

Deal with reality.

signed, a BSG fan since 1978
Tlsmith1963
2003-12-17 21:43:45 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
I like the new BG but have never attacked the fans of the original, so why are
you attacking miniseries fans like me? And the fans of the new version should
also be allowed to come here because the new version is *also* called
Battlestar Galactica.

Tammy

Tammy
Rikk30
2003-12-17 22:27:55 UTC
Post by Tlsmith1963
Post by Beauegård Nemø
Alright, Alright, Ron Moore has had his chance with some debased
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
I like the new BG but have never attacked the fans of the original, so why are
you attacking miniseries fans like me? And the fans of the new version should
also be allowed to come here because the new version is *also* called
Battlestar Galactica.
Tammy
Tammy
I agree with you Tammy. Both groups should live together and there
should be no reason to flame people who like the new show.

As a kid I loved the original show. I had the Galactica model, the
Cylon raider and the viper. And as an adult if the models for the new
Galactica I will buy and build.

I slightly prefer the original show and would loved to see Richard
Hatchs vision come true but it hasn't and more than likely wont. The
new mini series is great and I will watch it as well.

There is room in the world for both shows and it is bit sad that
people flame and can't see the greatness of the both shows.

Like Rodney King said "cant we all get along?"

Rikk

No computers were harmed while composing this post.
nick
2003-12-18 03:26:58 UTC
I agree. What ever version you like they're both Battlestar Galactica and
everyone should be allowed to post. Kicking someone out of a group simply
because they don't agree with your own personal views is just wrong.

Nick

http://Ntam.tripod.com/ors426.html
Tammy
Mark Nobles
2003-12-18 05:01:09 UTC
Post by nick
Kicking someone out of a group simply
because they don't agree with your own personal views is just wrong.
Not to mention it's unpossible.
This is usenet, land of the free, home of the weird.
Pete
2003-12-17 22:24:55 UTC
I feel bad for you, because now that the new Galactica is over, there
is nothing BSG to talk about, and if you have things to talk about
still, I feel sorry for you!
have invaded this group.
Ender

have invaded this group.
Eric R.
2003-12-18 15:39:05 UTC
Post by Beauegård Nemø
and this discussion group. Kick out the fairweather Galactica geeks that
have invaded this group.
Listen Spartacus, most of us are fans of BOTH. Just because we don't
have Richard Hatch's dick in our mouth, or use brilliant witticisms
like "Moore-Ron," doesn't mean we aren't fans of the original too.

And being a fan of both series, I welcome fans of the new series AND
old to this group (and of course, those who are fans of both).

This group now belongs to fans of BOTH series. You can either accept
that, or break off and form alt.battlestar-galatica.sore.loser .

-Eric